Yup, tagged. With a “four” theme. By Enrevanche.
One could see this as a chance to plug things you like. I ain’t going to be that helpful.
Four jobs youâ€™ve had in your life:
- Data entry prole at a children’s clinic for major head injuries. Happy happy!
- You ever eat those fancy cookies you get at K-Mart with the tin can? You know that gold foil they put between the layers of cookies? I made those. Paid for the laundry bill to clean all the laundry that survived the fire.
- Manager at a Shoney’s Big Boy restaurant, fending off prison labor theft, which was nothing compared to all the cocaine the senior management was doing on the company dime
- Teaching assistant for an Operations Research class at Carnegie Mellon. The dean said he didn’t have any takers, and it was a couple hundred bucks for two sessions a week. I had just taken the class the previous semester. Man that hurt.
Four movies you could watch over and over:
Not a one. Seriously. Last time I went to the movies was years ago. Don’t like stories the second time around–don’t like them much the first time around if I’ve heard the story arc already.
Four places youâ€™ve lived:
- Union Street, a few blocks and across the park from the YMCA, next door to the cute divorcÃ©e back when I was single
- In that apartment on the second floor with my roommate who I knew from high school, buying calzones from the fake Italian place whenever I could afford it, with no furniture but a stereo
- It took six months to figure it out, but the reason the apaato was so warm was because it was above a dermatology clinic–gotta keep the heat on for the nekkid people, I guess. On Sunday nights around 3AM the bozozoku would drive up and down the street revving their engines mightily at 5KPH, with giant amplifiers on the back of their tiny little moped engines.
- On a corner lot across from a hole on the Air Force golf course, where my bride got Yard Of The Month (the highest honor I got in my JO sea tour, I think)
Four TV shows you love to watch:
Don’t really love to watch any TV.
- Occasionally I watch the French TV news on SCOLA because it’s subtitled. They’ve got Quebec on there, too, but I don’t really get what’s going on.
- Another subtitled show from Hawaii’s KIKU: Soko Ga Shiritai, sort of a Japanese version of PM Magazine where they wander into people’s houses and jobs and show what it’s like.
- I have a new Dave Allen DVD and “An Evening With Kevin Smith” and a two part documentary on Gypsy migration and some Monty Python; does that count?
Four websites you visit daily:
Four. Heh. More like four cubed.
- Little Green Footballs
- Until the board reports the results in a NAVADMIN, the BuPers site–and wish me luck
Four of your favorite foods:
- Green tea ice cream. Been craving it for some unknown reason. Ice cream in general. (I’m a dessertatarian.)
- Japanese curry with panko-breaded chicken and those little red pickle things–serious comfort food
- Big messy cheeseburger with way too much stuff on it.
- Usquaebach in the stoneware, the old Glendroanach 12 not the new which isn’t made anymore, the Dead Arm, Anchor Porter–take yer pick, I know I will
Four places youâ€™d rather be:
- Pretty much anywhere.
- Except New London, Connecticut. Could not stand my time there. The one redeeming feature (the best cajun food I’ve ever had) closed down.
- A paying job in Singapore for a year or two might be nice.
- We liked San Diego very much, but would need to hit Powerball to buy a house.
Four albums you canâ€™t live without:
Four? Only four?
Changes all the time.
- Because it was so hard to find: the Camberwell Now collection on RecRec
- Gilles Peterson’s albums–pretty much anything he puts out but the “INCredible” comp with the two CDs might do (not the US version with just one lousy CD)
- Fela Kuti, maybe Original Sufferhead
- An indie comp circa 1990, like SpinART’s …One Last Kiss, or Harriet’s The Long Secret, or He Never Even Drew A Fish On My Shower Curtain, or Cognitive Mapping, something like that.
Passing on the link? I’ll tell you what. Four of you decide amongst yourselves and that’ll do.
One Response to “Tagged Tagged Tagged Tagged”
Trackback URL for Tagged Tagged Tagged Tagged: