Professor Cori Dauber asked me about some computer arcana relating to bookmarks, so I sent her my entire pile of bookmarks. This is unnecessarily revealing some of the links I plan to dole out over the months on this page–that’s the pile from which I draw when inspiration is not forthcoming. So I’d better start doling some of those links out sooner rather than later. Here are a few quick clicks that may be of interest.
- A very nice webcam page with a view of the mountains south of Livingston, MT.
- Something that might help me read blogs with no ability to surf underway: an RSS aggregator that mails the feed to you. (I haven’t tried it yet.)
- Sky Watching My World is the blog of Cecile DuBois, notable for being the daughter of Cathy Seipp and a firebrand in her own right. Would that I were as coherent at fifteen as she is.
- In study of the Middle East in this country, it appears as though there are two sets of followers: those who follow Edward Said, and those who follow Bernard Lewis. Martin Kramer is a Lewis follower, and has a web presence here. Kramer is also working in Tel Aviv, which would make some of his worldview more apparent.
- You could do worse than to look at the Daily .Wav, which has been putting up strange little tidbits once a day for a long time now.
- I am a student of Edward Tufte’s design ideas. Not that I have a Gill Sans fetish like Tufte has, but I understand a few things about how design is supposed to reveal information rather than obscure it.
One Response to “Link Dump For Thursday”
Trackback URL for Link Dump For Thursday: